Subject: Re: [Leica] F-Stops
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:02:39 -0400

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Excuse me sir... Zeiss had the Contax series of cameras with
> a top speed of 1/1250.  Leica was at 1/500. I think that is
> called a kill stroke. The Contax really was for the rich man, the
> Leica for the relative pauper.

Yep, and it's funny how times change too. I picked up my second Contax RF, a
IIIa, plus 50mm f/1.5 Sonnar in spiffy condition a couple weeks ago for a
ridiculously low price. Less than the typical cost of a red scale 50 f/3.5
Elmar. The meter even works and is reasonably accurate. A true jewel of a
camera.

- -Dave-