Subject: Re: [Leica] Film scanner advice
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:05:09 -0400

I've been using a Nikon LS-2000 w/ various iterations of Vuescan for about
three years nows.  I am completely satisfied with the combination.  I print
images on an Epson  Photo 1200.  I occasionally feel an urge to move on to
another printer, but don't feel the need to upgrade the LS-2000 at all.  It
has its idiosyncrasies--film loader jams once and a while--but on the whole
a superb apparatus, perhaps the  only peripheral I've ever owned to survive
three major computer upgrades (one in progress now).  RAM is mindboggeling
cheap right now, and lots of it really improves the quality of a digital
darkroom.

Chandos

At 05:56 PM 7/17/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Things like the Nikon LS-4000 are way beyond my price-point.  So things
>like a used Nikon LS-2000 or LS-30 look more promising.  Going down a
>notch, the Olympus ES-10s seems to have a lot going for it. I've
>mentioned these brands only because I've read more about them recently,
>others gladly considered.

Chandos Michael Brown
History and American Studies
College of William and Mary