Subject: [Leica] Eisenstaedt
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:11:43 -0500

Rummaging thru the shelves of a used book shop yesterday I came across a
first edition of Eisenstaedt's book, The Eye of Eisenstaedt. Published
in 1969 it speaks of his time with Life Magazine and how his photography
was changed so dramatically when a friend allowed him to use his Leica
for a quick shoot. Finally Eisenstaedt found a tool which allowed him to
shoot images one after another without stopping to reload a glass plate.
Imagine it. He became a changed photographer.

We take rapid winders and motor drives for granted.

Dear Eisendstaedt was thrilled just to have a film advance and film to
advance!

An inspiring book.
Lea

- --