Subject: [Leica] Help to Identify Leica
From: KE7GMx@cs.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:16:30 EDT

Hi Guys: I just recently bot a Leica and I' m having a problem in identifying
what it is. Ho about some help from you experts in unraveling this puzzle?
LTM camera w/50mm- f.3.5 Elmar, coated. Has Rangefinder, slow shutter speeds,
neckstrap lugs, infinity focus on rear of ViewFinder Window, engraved, "Leica
(script) D.R.P., Germany, Ernst Leitz Wetzlar", shutter speed dial has
'lobes' on the top O.D. and also on the hub (3 lobes on top and one on Hub),
shutter speed dial has three setscrews, Regular Shutter Speed Dial has "Z"
for time and Slow Speed Dial has "T" for time, no detents on slow speed dial,
finished in "leica" satin chrome; a beautiful job!!
THe camera is almost a mint. The lens mounting flange has a few very small
specks where the chrome finish has "flaked." and the depth of field
engravings and focus distrances on the lens flanges are reversed - distances
are engrsaved on the body flange.
Is this a Leica II that has had slow speeds added, neckstrap lugs and
infinity focus to create a Leica III or IIIA? Or is it a fake Leica?
Your comments would be most welcome. Bill Carson, La Conner

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] Help to Identify Leica)