Subject: [Leica] Leica Days, Seattle
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:55:18 -0700

Spent a few hours this morning in our local candy store, Glazers, with the
Leica rep.
Here is what I was able to pry from him:
The new 28/2.8 is THE SHARPEST currently produced M lens. Period. Bar none.
According to Leica. Your mileage may vary...
Second is the 90/2 M lens.
Digital: No plans at this time for an R digital.
2002, however, will see an M Digital. All they are waiting for is a full
frame 35mm chip to use.
According to some quick on-line research, Kodak's prediction is for 1st
quarter 2002 release of a full frame chip.
Don't know where Leica will buy their chips from, tho.
Unverifiable rumor states that the digital feature may be a deal that can be
retro-fitted to older M bodies.
Yee haw.

Jay Burleson
"There is a thin line between coincidence and fate, my friend."
UPDATED 5-30-01: http://www.jayburleson.com/

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: digital M)