Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Days, Seattle
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:37:51 -0700

><Snip>
>
> In the 70's I had a 28/5.6 Summaron for a while. This was the
> 'sharpest' lens I have ever used or tested. On High Contrast Copy
> film, the 'Tech Pan' of the era, it tested between 160 and 200 lppm,
> the highest I've ever come across by a wide margin. It was a rather
> problematic lens, with severe light falloff, but it was sharp! It was
> amazing. Just rather pointless.
><Snip>
>     *            Henning J. Wulff
><Snip>

I believe the transition was they changed the name on the box from High Contrast
Copy film to Tech pan when they came out with the special developer to get fully
continuous tone results with it.

I also widely experimented with HCC Film shooting texture screens and you name
it in the early to mid 70's.
Got reasonably continuous tone results with all kinds of develers just by
shooting in the shadows not getting a wide subject tonal range. Printed it on #1
Brovira 11x14's. #2 even!

Always with a tripod mirror locked up.

Mark Rabiner
no sand bags