Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:00:20 -0700

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Mark Rabiner writes:
>
> > I'm sure the chips and sensors are going to get
> > better and better logarithmically.
>
> No doubt.  But today you can profit from finer grain, higher resolution, and
> higher sensitivity just by changing the film in your camera.  With digital
> cameras, though, you'll have to buy a new body.  So instead of spending eight
> dollars, you'll spend $3600.

Or 20,000 bucks for the back of a medium format camera or view camera.
Or 500 bucks for a camera which gives you an image on your screen in seconds
which you don't have to clone the dust out of and can then fire off on the email
to a pal or stick on your website... even make a cute little inkjet print out of!
"hey look! this is me now!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA