Subject: Re: [Leica] waterproof bag/case for M6: any advice ?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:03:37 -0700

At 12:37 PM -0400 7/21/01, shino@ubspainewebber.com wrote:
>ewamarine make underwater bags which may prove usable (www.ewamarine.com).
>they are special because the U-F series has a glove which permits on hand
>to manipulate focusing or other camera controls.  good to 10m/30ft.
>
>i've never owned, user or seen one, but i've sporadically considered
>buying one
>for 15 years or so.
>
>-rei
>

>>  From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
>>
>>  Buy a used Nikonos, I have a IVa and it works great. Scale focusing is not
>>  that hard and the lenses are great underwater. If you try to use your M
>>  system inevitably you will get salt water on it and maybe in it. There was
>>  an underwater housing made for the M camera in the fifties and early sixties
>>  but you could not look through the viewfinder and I would not trust an old
>>  housing to be water tight.
>>
>>  John Collier
>>
>>  > From: "saadi lahlou" <saadi.lahlou@wanadoo.fr>
>>  >
>>  > Any advice ?

I've used the Ewamarine bags for my sporadic underwater stuff.
They're quite good, but I don't think they work at all for Leica M's.
You can't see through the viewfinder what you are getting, and
winding on can be a pain. If you don't want to get a Nikonos, a cheap
SLR with motor wind and a 28mm lens in Ewa marine is the next best
thing.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design