Subject: [Leica] Re: Efke film
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 07:51:13 -0400

on 7/21/01 2:18 PM, Mike Durling wrote:

> I've asked Erwin and I will ask here again, does anybody have any experience
> with the Efke films?

I've been using Efke KB 25 for several months--I like it so much that I
ordered 5 more 100" rolls from Freestyle and put them in my freezer--I'll
worry about a new source when they're gone. I've been rating the film @ e.i.
64 and developing it for 7.5 minutes in straight D23 (20% more than the time
listed on Efke's data sheet for ID 11/D76--Efke recommends an e.i. of 50,
but my negs were slightly too dense). The results are breathtaking--great
tonality, very sharp, invisible grain. I imagine a developer like Rodinal
might make more sense, but I LOVE the look of D23 & use it for everything
now.

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@transbay.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Efke film)
Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@transbay.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Efke film)