Subject: [Leica] OTOTOT/Leafscan Scanner replacement parts...
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:18:19 -0300

Hi dear fellows:

I'd like that this message is to be read by some digital/scanning/hardware
expertise.
I have the possibility to buy a Leafscan 45 Scanner.
I understand that this baby is a horse power but there's a problem:

The scanner is not capable to focus properly and the message appearing is
something alike to the following:

"There's not enough quantity of light to focus"

I'd be guessing that, since we're speaking of an old scanner, the light
source should be replaced.

Two questions:

- - Does exist that replacement ? I know that Leafscan is out of business, am
I right?
- - Is the replacement something I could do by myself or ...what ?

Well, I'm sorry to be bothering with this Off Topic questions but you know,
besides all the 4x5 plates I have to be scanned I also would like to scan
lots of Leica negs and slides.

I'll appreciate any comment you can do.

Thanks

Pablo