Subject: RE: [Leica] digital M redoux & digital M COOL Stuff! ;-)
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:50:24 +0200

Ok, the Friday before last I went with a colleague from work to a large
exhibition of diamonds here in Paris - luckily she wasn't wanting free
samples or expecting me to buy her any of the exhibits. Had to queue for
about 40mins in the pouring, and I mean pouring, rain. Got back to my
apartment and the inside of my rucksack was damp, no it wasn't damp it was
wet. Took out my hexar RF and noticed that the LCD was blinking and the
camera was making a whirring noise once every 30 seconds or so. One dead
camera, took batteries out. Following morning put batteries back still not
working. Saturday evening tried again and it clicked back into life even
though the film that had been in the body had advanced to the last frame.

Moral - water and electronics do _not_ mix

Steve