Subject: [Leica] Re: waterproof M/ the proof is in the
From: "Saadi Lahlou" <saadi.lahlou@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:53:42 +0200

John,
Thanks again. I can clearly see now from your experience that underwater
photography is a hazardous activity and that it is not suitable for Leica
users. Blood and guts !
So I have for the moment abandoned the idea of using the M in salted water.
Much safer to stay in the cafes... A setting more appropriate to my
experience and physical condition.

Just in case I changed the leaking aquapac (in fact : 20 euros, not 60) but
dared not testing it again in my bathtub...  I'll see on the field and
probably use it with a disposable camera as you advise.
But who knows what might happen after a few ouzos ?

Thanks also to those of you who gave me advise offline.

I will be on my way to Greece now, hoping to bring back at least one good
picture out of 45 rolls of film. Poisson's law may apply to this rare event.

happy snaps to all.

saadi

> Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:54:58 -0600
> From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] waterproof bag/M : back from bath tub testing
<snip>

(...) our kitchen is quite a mess right now what with
> everyone spluttering on their drinks.....

<snip> (...). I just started

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> ([Leica] Here comes the digital M & R!)