Subject: [Leica] PAW - try again
From: Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:36:46 -0700

No one except me liked my first effort a PAW.  So, from the same roll I
picked another and relegated the first try to alternate.  I think you
critics like pictures of people, so this is my first try at what might
be called 'street photography'.  This is a new genre to me, so I may
have it all wrong.  Do I need to convert it to b&w, add some grain as if
it was 3200 speed and twist it 20 degrees as though I wasn't looking
through the view finder?  Please advise.  I tried to pick the decisive
moment and this was one of the few I tried in which my reaction time was
short enough that no one stepped in front of the camera.  Instead the
violent poke at the release succeeded in blurring the image and I missed
the look on the girl's face when she was handed a crab.

I think I should go back to old trolley cars.

http://www.hillmanimages.com/bw/L6-5b.html

- ---
Dave Hillman

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] PAW - try again)