Subject: RE: [Leica] digital M Filters
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:31:44 -0700

I think this is the future of digital filters.  And I applaud it.... I do
like some of the stuff being done using ( IMO tasteful) filters.
Pointillism, different brush strokes, focus and de-focus, "grain" effects
( I really like Marks' statement of icy developer to boiling water using
TriX.. as I did this myself when I was about 14.... the negative still
haunts me)....etc.  This is where digital methods offer a superb advantage
to the average and more than average darkroom worker.  The "palette" of
effects gets so much enhanced.  However, Jerry Uelsman ( sp.?), I think has
the talent to do this using a wet darkroom.....  How many more of us have
the expertise or the time to learn the expertise?

I think the digital darkroom needs to be embraced as a wonderful tool, even
today.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net