Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanning
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:51:06 -0700

The recent POP Photo scanner review *measured* the resolution of the LS-4000 at 60 lp/mm.  As I understand it, noise plays a major role in reducing the true resolution of a scanner down from the theoretical resolution (which would be 78 lp/mm for a 4000 SPI sensor).  60 lp/mm is still an impressive result, well up into the range that will resolve the benefits of good camera technique.

Paul