Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica and reality
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:51:29 -0700

Austin and Frank have been having a go-around on digital capture and
printing.

You are correct that in the imperfect world we live in, the lens, paper,
etc. all invent things ( we call them aberrations ) that were not in the
original image. They are somewhat uncontrolled and unrepeatable.

We need to conclude that we have differences in how and what our conclusions
are..... Our backgrounds are similar, but we reach different conclusions
from the same data on printing and capture.

I claim invented, you claim transformed.

I must go print the other 100 prints from our trip.... on "wet" paper.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Mark E Davison" <dmark8@qwest.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica and reality)
Reply from "Mark E Davison" <dmark8@qwest.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica and reality)