Subject: [Leica] OT weird options for viewing negatives
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:42:41 +0200

Now I own a dynasaur from the pre-digital age, an electronic film viewer
with video monitor: BBS Optilyser Pro XM.  shows the current version
which according to the company is now discontiued and sold off for the
bargain price of €5,000 :-0. I have the optically and mechanically
identical predecessor without digital image processing and colour
calibrated illumination system.

Most probably even a flatbed scanner with tranparency adapter or those
cheap film scanners (<$250) deliver better image quality. But for for
viewing negs it is great. And for ultimate convenience it takes sleeved
negs and even negs or slides in tranparent hardboxes up to 9x11". The
coverage area is merely sufficient for 645, but I can zoom into details
of a Minox 8x11 neg.

Overall the handling compares well to contact sheet with loupe, except
for portability :-).

Hans-Peter