Subject: Re: [Leica] digital bokeh
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:15:50 +0200

Corel bought Ultimatte KnockOut, which is one of the premier products for
removing backgrounds from photographs.  KnockOut used to cost hundreds of
dollars, and then Corel starting selling it at a realistic and affordable price.
Ultimatte also makes another product for blue-screening, but I don't know if
Corel bought that or not (I have no use for blue-screening, so I've never used
it).

I've used MaskPro from Extensis--itself an excellent product, with a few
advantages--and KnockOut, and KnockOut is far superior for most applications.
You can do amazing things if you use it (or them) carefully.  This is kind of
off-topic, though.