Subject: [Leica] Re: digital M
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:45:20 -0400

At 06:33 PM 07/23/2001, I wrote:

>  I'd like a third option that offers the
>control and small size of an M, that feels familiar and that uses the
>lenses I already have without changing their effective focal length.

And Henry Posner replied:

>Hroseman Digiflex. Uses Nikon-mount manual focus lenses and any digital

>back (incl 24x36) with a Hasselblad film magazine mount. See
>http://horsemanusa.com/pd_frame07.html
- - --
>regards,
>Henry Posner
>Director of Sales and Training
>B&H Photo-Video, and Pro-Audio Inc.
>http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Henry:

Riiiight! And if you click to see the price you get the note that the
page is under construction. Word has it that their supplier of zeroes
had insufficient stock to complete the page.

But anyway, it:  A. doesn't look like an M, thus failing my first
criteria that it feel familiar to me; B. use the lenses I already have -
meaning M lenses because I sold my Nikon lenses years ago. On the other
hand it is 24x36, but how practical is a one shot back outside of the
studio?

Back to the drawing board boys!

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Re: digital M)