Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH vs non ASPH - DR. BLACKTAPE IS
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:34:41 -0400

WELL AWARE THAT...this was posted as a typical Mr. Mxsmanic troll, but
can't help responding to point out that the "Leica glow" is the term
those confirmed in the Church of Solms use to describe the various
optical defects chracteristic of older Leica lenses, particularly those
lenses produced for the screwmount cameras.

Of course the new ASPH lenses do not exhibit the "Leica glow." If they
did, people would be returning them in droves, demanding their money
back. The whole point of the new ASPH lenses is that they have
eliminated the defects that cause "glow" - or what PhotoShop calls
Gausian blurr...;-)

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH vs non ASPH - DR. BLACKTAPE IS)
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH vs non ASPH)