Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FeiningerEyeGlasses
From: Dave Jenkins <djphoto@vol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:24:19 -0400

That is definitely Dennis Stock. The photo was on the cover of Camera
and Darkroom in the early /mid 90s. I believe Feininger called it
"Cyborg."

Stock went on to become a well-known user of Olympus SLRs and has
created a number of outstanding coffee-table books of color photographs.
I have his "New England Memories," "Provence Memories," and "Brother
Sun." I also have his earlier "California Trip," which is B&W street
work of the caliber of Cartier-Bresson or Erwitt. He apparently used a
Nikon or Contax RF for that book, judging by his reflection in one
photograph.

Dave Jenkins

"The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion,
without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a
whole harvest of invention."
                            --- Francis Bacon