Subject: Re: [Leica] Equipment question....
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:37:15 +0200 (MEST)

I own a post 1,xxx,xxx M3 I had refurbished by an independent
repairman. That means complete CLA, prestine rangefinder, new PVC
leatherate (replacing the vulcanite), new top plate (engravings look
like original, incl. serial number), new bottom plate (without the
original "auf/zu" engraving), new dials, new self-timer lever (cap
without the two tiny holes). Only the internal "chassis" shows some
minor brassing inside (like my once new M6 after the third film).

In terms of resale value it is a weird thing, since collectors may
sniff on the PVC, non-original external parts and the "inofficial"
repair history. But technically and cosmetically it is absolutely
perfect. I only take it out for Sunday walks and, sometimes, with a
googled 1,4/35 attached, for going to parties.

Hans-Peter