Subject: [Leica] M4 viewfinder
From: Louis Reynolds <reynolds@ich.uct.ac.za>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:49:04 +0200

Marc wrote

... I've had two M4's whose RF's gave up the ghost ...

What went wrong, and could you have them fixed? I  recently
bought a beautiful M4, and have  noticed that, when shifting
focus from far to near, the rangefinder image occasionally hangs
back for a moment, then "pops" into place. This is temporarily
cured by repeated movements through the range. It's as if it
needs 'warming up'.

Louis