Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NG
From: "Barney Quinn, Jr." <barney@ncep.noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:56:17 -0400

Hi,

I would go quite slow with criticizing the person who was seeking help
with nail biting. It took a lot of courage for this person to post, and
I, for one, admire them for it. I'm sure that this situation causes this
person a great deal of distress. Perhaps you didn't mean to criticize
this person's issue, but you did, and that doesn't help this person one
little bit. It may be a long time before this individual asks for help,
if they ever ask again.

There is a hard core of people on the LUG who post. There are many, many
more who simply lurk. Some people keep silent because they don't think
that have anything interesting to say, or they are afraid that they will
be criticized or flamed if they speak up. The LUG is something of an
electronic village, and someday it serves as the electronic equivalent
of a village well where people simply gather to chat. I don't object to
this. Quite the contrary. I welcome it.

Barney