Subject: Re: [Leica] Nyquist again (was scanning)
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:49:55 +0200

Austin writes:

> Can't 20kHz be sampled by a 44.1kHz sampling
> rate?

Of course, but you seemed to be implying that the extra 4.1 kHz was required to
resolve 20 kHz, and that is not the case.  Even 40.001 kHz would have sufficed.

> Just claiming 2700PPI is sufficient to sample 53
> lp/mm in EVERY case is not substantiation, it is
> a claim, and a faulty one at that.

No offense, but I prefer to give the theories of people like Shannon and Nyquist
more credence than yours, mainly because they can show the reasoning behind
them, whereas you have chosen not to do so for your own assertions.