Subject: [Leica] Namebrand European Camera Manufacturers
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:38:41 -0400

At 09:05 PM 7/26/01 +0100, Bob Walkden wrote:
>In the catalogue they write "B+W supplies filters to namebrand
>European camera manufacturers...". Not too many of them around. I
>wonder who they mean?

Hmm.  Zeiss Ikon is gone, and most of the Italian and British brands.  But
both of the Brauns are still in business, and Berning, and a bunch of others.

What has happened is that most of the companies producing consumer optics
in the 1950's have shifted to scientific, industrial, or tenchical work,
where the REAL money can be found, and, thus, popular brands from long ago
which we no longer encounter at our village camera store are very much
still in business, but with gear we will never see.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Message from "Edward Mortimer" <munkfishy2k@hotmail.com> ([Leica] Leica filters, by Leica?)