Subject: Re: [Leica] Old 19/2.8-R and 21/4.0-R???
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:52:13 -0400

I have the old 19/2.8 and find its performance acceptable except for
some distortion at the edges.  It saw extensive use for a series of
interior shots of the local public library and, when I did my part in
making sure everything was level and plumb, produced satisfactory
results.I  haven't had the opportunity to compare it with the newer
version.

The old 19/2.8 R is large and heavy.   Although the front rim of the
lens is threaded, the front element protrudes enough to be
damaged by contact with the glass of any conventional filter that is
attached. If you want to filter it with, say, an FL-D, you'll need a
B+W extra wide filter holder in the appropriate diameter plus the
rimless glass filter, a special order combination which is not cheap.

Roy

Replies: Reply from "Jim" <jimlong@inwave.com> ([Leica] WTB IIIC)