Subject: [Leica] Re: Equipment question....
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:16:12 -0700

Just acquired an M3, #700721, probably made in the first week or two of
production in 1954. The original owner (95 yrs old!) told me it was the
first M3 to come to a photo shop in Berlin when he was visiting a fellow
pilot at Templehof.

The shutter works great and is the quietest M shutter I have ever heard. He
kept the camera in great shape all these years and it has a Summicron 50
collapsible with serial number from the same era.

Sure doesn't look like this early M has any problems - I think they were
probably building them extra careful, in fact!

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

Message from Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com> (Re[2]: [Leica] Equipment question....)
Message from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Equipment question....)