Subject: [Leica] Re: OT weird options for viewing negatives
From: Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video <henryp@bhphotovideo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:45:19 -0400

At 10:04 PM 07/24/2001, you wrote:
>Now I own a dynasaur from the pre-digital age, an electronic film viewer
>with video monitor: BBS Optilyser Pro XM.  shows the current version
>which according to the company is now discontiued and sold off for the
>bargain price of €5,000 :-0. I have the optically and mechanically
>identical predecessor without digital image processing and colour
>calibrated illumination system.

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the (discontinued) Tamron Fotovix
which was popular with the wedding/portrait crowd for showing proofs on big
screen TVs. Last week we saw a preview of a new product from Videoptics
(http://www.videoptics.com/) which takes up where the Fotovix left off.
- --
regards,
Henry Posner