Subject: [Leica] CLA for Leica IIIf - turnaround time, and Canadian?
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:22:41 -0400

Hello all.  I just became the happy (?) owner of a Leica IIIf that needs
a CLA to get the slow speeds working and maybe the shutter curtains
replaced.  I'm not thrilled about the "needs CLA" part.

I have these questions:

1)  anyone deal with Kinderman lately?  Are they still doing LTM's; are
they good; are they quick?

2)  any other Canadian repair people for doing a LTM?

3)  stupid question, but are both shutter curtains supposed to look the
same?  One curtain (the first) looks like it has a different "coat" on
it than the second curtain.  I am suspecting maybe it saw a home repair
once in its life.

4)  I've read a lot on LUG about DAG and Sherry Krauter, but mostly that
they are backlogged.  What is their typical turn-around time?

Thanks all ...

Vick

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] CLA for Leica IIIf - turnaround time, and Canadian?)
Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] CLA for Leica IIIf - turnaround time, and Canadian?)