Subject: Re: [Leica] Wet work: share some wisdom?
From: "Margaret Jeffcoat" <margaret01@excelonline.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:00:45 -0400

If I may add to John's most excellent recommendations. When I was processing
my own film we did all of our film processing one shot and throw it away. If
I wanted
a softer look I would save it any use it one last time and then toss it.

The other point is that I always stored all of my chemicals in light proof
bottles and kept
them close to the temperature that I always processed at. They should be at
the same
temp (chemical to chemical) when you do a film run.

Not sure if John mentioned this or not but for consistent results you need
to be consistent
with temperatures and with agitation during processing, stop bath and during
fixing of your
film. Over agitation during processing or fixing can give you to much
density in your negatives.

One last thing is never let your film stay in the photoflow solution too
long as this will soften
the emulsion and lead to neg damage. One time when I was shooting for a
daily (about 30 yr back)
we left a roll of film in the photoflow overnight. When we took the film out
of the bath in the am
the emulsion slid off of the film base. Real bummer-but it was the lab head
who did it-so we
felt sort of bad.
Hopes this is of help.
Cheers Wilber Jeffcoat