Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanning
From: "Meino de Graaf" <mgraaf@csc.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 13:13:47 +0200

Austin,

two reasons. I used to make 16x20 prints from slides (Cibachrome +
Ektachrome prestige). The current prints I'm making using a 2720dpi scanner
are reaching the quality of the 16x20 prints, but they suffer from two
problem. They are a little fuzzy (lack of microcontrast?) and the print dpi
drops below 240dpi, so that start to show. However the biggest problem I
have, especial with Kodachrome, is grain aliassing.

Meino de Graaf

                    "Austin Franklin"
                    <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>             To:     <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                    Sent by:                             cc:
                    owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-        Subject:     RE: [Leica] Scanning
                    alto.ca.us

                    07/26/01 02:54 PM
                    Please respond to leica-users

> Further, I'm saving my money to upgrade to a 4000dpi scanner.

Why would you want to do that?  The claim has been made that having a
scanner greater than 2700 SPI is "sufficient" for all our scanning needs!
Haven't you been reading the thread?

;-)