Subject: [Leica] Re: Slides or prints?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 06:58:30 -0500

Satish:

>I would like to know what you use/recommend, slides or prints, and what
>the advantages and disadvantages of each of these as you see it are.

What do you want when you get done?  What is your end product?

If you want slides to project, the answer is obvious.

If you want prints, I'd suggest that negative film will be the easiest way.
Unless you like the "look" of prints from slides.  For some subjects, the
narrow lattitude of slide film is exactly what you want.

If you don't have a hand in processing your pictures, slides will be the
easiest way to get accurate colors.

I'd suggest picking a film type based on what you want...not on what
somebody else says is best.  If you haven't used slides, then play with
slides for a while.  Experiment with several brands, too.

Eric