Subject: Re: [Leica] Leather separation on SL
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:45:06 -0500

> Dear Leica Handypeople,
>
> The narrow horizontal strip of black leather-like material on the upper
> front of my SL, just above the lens mount,  is beginning to peel loose on
> one end, where it covers a small screw. (The right end, when the front of
> the camera faces me).
>
> Any suggestions as to the best adhesive to hold it in place? At present the
> separation is only about 1/4 inch, so as to require less than a full drop of
> any glue-like substance.
>
> Thanks in advance...........Julian

For things like that I use regular contact cement (but you may want to test
a couple different brands). What I do is take a regular business card and
apply the cement to that, then apply the cement with the card where it is
peeling apart. I also tape off the surrounding area.

Give the cement a few minutes to get tacky then press it closed with fingers
and hold it there for about 10 minutes.

sl