Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom help
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 07:56:50 -0700

I don't hate it, just find it insufferable. I spent the afternoon there
yesterday. My wife has a cold , and my daughter was bouncing off the
walls. So we went to SM for a visit with my mother who still lives
within a 2 mile radius of where she's lived for the past 40 odd years.
While they entertained themselves, I went to the Promenade to get a book
at the Midnight Special bookstore. Sitting there, in front of the store,
with a cup of tea in one hand, and an M6/35 'cron in the other, reminded
me why I like the Harbor so much. Much more honest out here, at some
very basic levels, than SM could ever hope to be.
The book, by the way, is Edgewater Angels by Sandro Meallet, Doubleday.
It's about his growing up in Rancho San Pedro, a tenement project, which
is right on the Harbor. He eventually got out on a Basketball
scholarship. I photographed him Friday for an article. He's got the eyes
of someone who has seen too much at too young an age.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Guy Bennett <2bennett@wanadoo.fr> (Re: [Leica] Darkroom help)