Subject: [Leica] steve l., please send M6
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:33:50 -0400 (EDT)

okay. so this was me this weekend.

leica m3 over shoulder
sekonic ii studio in right hip pocket with keys and cell phone
hp5 in left pocket with wallet

i'm walking three to ten steps behind everyone else because every time the
light changes i'm pulling out the sekonic and taking a reading, then
setting the exposure on the camera. every once in a while i see some
scenic vista, so i yell "stop!" everybody comes to a halt, meter comes
out, high slide inserted or removed as light dictates, a reading is taken,
i take five steps back to fit everybody in the
50mm frame, focus, shoot. develop the film later and it's 36 photos of
people playing cards and whittling because it took me so dang long to take
the photo. "enough of this!" i say and into the studio we go. M3 set on
bulb, lights out, open the shutter with one hand, press the flast "test"
button with the other. results here markedly better but framing is
consistantly off as i streach out right arm holding camera away from
strobe.

finally, i just put the 15mm on the camera and shoot by guessing meter
reading, entire roll underexposed.

m3 goes in burlap bag, bag goes in river, i weep on phone to midwest
camera exchange who have now had my m6 for six weeks.

most bizarre comment of weekend: old geezer at wedding looks at m3 and
says "an old one and a crusty one!" me? the camera? both?

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] steve l., please send M6)
Reply from lea <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] steve l., please send M6)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] steve l., please send M6)