Subject: RE: [Leica] Compendium Review
From: Ext-Peter.Sikking@nokia.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:12:50 +0300

- --Re: While they were at it a second round of proof-reading
  would have been in order. There are far to many minor typos.

I got the book.
I think Erwin should have paid a second year physics student
500 gulden to check the physics explanations in the book
which sometimes get very shaky, especially if they prove
a point he's making.

The usual Erwin verbosity gives is there to give you the feeling
something scientific is going on, where there of course isn't,
see the recent hilarious hexar/m6 focus accuracy test.

This book is my first introduction to lens aberrations, and because
of the shaky physics I do not have the feeling I can trust him on
this subject.

	--ps/032

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Compendium Review)