Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG: 180 f2.0 and the ApoExtenders
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:49:56 +0200

Chris Quinn wrote:

> Reports on the 180Summicron say that it is a spectacular lens, but almost
> invariably point out the difficulty in hand-holding it, even with the
> grip/palm rest.

snip

> Other possibilities include a chest-mounted minitripod, a belt-mounted
> monopod, a gyroscope, or a mini-Steadicam.

I had good results with the Apo-Summicron 180/2 on a monopod
+ Arca clamp <http://www.tripodhead.com/clamps.html>
+ Wimberley Sidekick <http://www.tripodhead.com/sidekick.html>.
in the kind of situations when Fuijicolor Superia1600 pushed to 3200 give you
F2 and 1/12s ...

But excellent result on a Tripod + ArcaSwiss Ballhead B1 + Sidekick.

Lucien