Subject: [Leica] Re:Some lens tests
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:46:23

I like your approach. I test "sharpness" on tall grass, few meters away. The
same location, the same film (usually Reala), different distance for
different lenses, tripod, cable and on my FM2 mirror is up (timer).
Besides sharpness, I look on colors, how they flow, how they are presented,
how rich or not they are. It is especially visible on curved surface. Leica
is the best in that matter. Other brands (Nikon, friend’s Canon) give me
flat colors, on the surface nothing is happening; there is usually no color
modulation or smooth color change. Those values are probably not
scientific?! How to measure color accuracy?

Victor
Earth, Solar System
http://communities.msn.ca/VictorPhoto