Subject: Re: [Leica] 39mm non-leica filters
From: Matthias Nickel <matthias.nickel1@uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:07:40 +0200

First of all: thanks for all the replies to my question about 39 mm filters for
M-lenses!

However, the answers that I got, didn't help me at all: apparently I didn't
explain the problem well enough. I recently went to some of the local photo
dealers to get UVa filter for my 1:2/35 Summicron (with eyes) and 1:4/90 Elmar
(the one you pull out). They all had both regular 39 mm and 40.5 mm UVa's in
stock. The 40.5 was definitely too big, while the 39 mm filter was just fragments
of one mm too small to fit - it just fell off. I then checked directly with Hama
here in Germany, and they told me that  Leica 39 is different from regular 39.
Alas, they don't make the filters I need anymore, so hence my question regarding
other manufacturers.....!

Matt.