Subject: RE: [Leica] At the Black Hawk Hotel and a new PAW (kollasch)
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:54:08 +0100

One of the wonderful but slightly frustrating things about the internet is
that people are fairly anonymous in that you have no idea who they really
are or even where they are from.   And then, as an Englishman living in the
south of this small island, I read your wonderful description of the Black
Hawk Hotel and had visions of so many that I know with oak beamed ceilings
and wood panelling dating back to the times of Henry VIII. The smell of the
log fire and the pipe smoke mingling whilst I supped a pint of my favourite
brew were all in there, until I was brought down to earth with the name of
the night porter - Dewayne!!!

You impostor, you misleader of men, this is not a genuine Black Hawk Hotel
but an American pseudo-hostelry that has never seen a postilian in its
entire life!   No English hotel would countenance employing a night porter
with such a name!   Scrote, the wrinkled retainer, is more our mark.

Gerry

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com> (Re: [Leica] At the Black Hawk Hotel and a new PAW (kollasch))