Subject: [Leica] Minilux, T3, or GR-1 ??
From: "Francesco Sanfilippo" <francesco@photorealm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:44:57 -0700

Hi I used to be pretty active on this group a few years ago,
as I was a proud user of a few M6 and R8 cameras.  My business
changed and demanded I get into DV, so lately I have been
exclusively shooting digital video.

I have a chance now to get back into photography, but not enough
where I would spend $5K on a body and lens again, like the old days.
Instead, I want a small, compact, yet superb quality camera with
Leica-comparable optics.

I have been considering the Leica Minilux, the Contax T3, and the
Ricoh GR-1.  I am guessing this list may be biased toward the Lux
but I wanted to get opinions from those who have most likely used
one or two of these cameras.  I am planning on shooting mostly
travel, street, and portrait with the camera, and I favor the
35-50mm focal length for my work.  I never shoot sports or anything
that demands high shutter speeds.  I want a pocket camera that
will come close to the amazing image quality I used to get from
my old M6.  Any suggestions?

Francesco