Subject: [Leica] leica users, collectors, whatnots
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:03:50 -0400 (EDT)

mxmanic wrote, with suprising succintness about the cult of leica, in
part:

>Others are real photographers, but are so deeply invested in the
>Leica world that they cannot tolerate any suggestion that there might be
>other ways to take serious photographs.

i should mention that i've seen a LOT of working pro's with leica
rangefinders around their necks, but i've never seen one who didn't also
have some sort of SLR around their neck. even the world fameous pro that i
worked for, known for leica shots, had a closet full of canon SLR's and a
crate of medium and large format stuff. bring what the job dictates.

often i find myself chained to my leica snobbery and bringing the wrong
camera for the job because i'm in love with the dot. that's the difference
between me and a successful photographer...

kc