Subject: [Leica] "...the hell with SLRs"
From: Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:03:25 -0500

This vignette is not meant to begin a firestorm regarding the respective
merits of SLRs or RF.  We all know each has it proper place.  So let's
not go there, OK?   I just thought it was a fun encounter some of you
might enjoy hearing about.  /matt

On Wednesday night I went to Karaoke Night at Mainly Lou's.  'Round
midnight I was standing near the stage when a young couple (20s) walked
by and stopped when they saw my camera.   They both seemed to know a bit
cameras because they began pointing at my Bessa R. (I am not yet brave
enough to take my new M6 into a boisterous, beer sloshin' bar.)
"Cool... I have been wanting one of them," said the man.  The woman
chimes in with, "Yes, a rangefinder! ...the hell with SLRs."  Then they
promptly disappeared into the crowd as a woman sang a respectable
rendition of "Killing Me Softly."