Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: first camera
From: "James Morehouse" <jdmorehouse@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 07:47:31 -0700

>From: Summicron1@aol.com
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: [Leica] Re: first camera
>Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:01:49 EDT
>

>In a message dated 8/4/01 1:06:00 AM,
>owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>writes:
>
><< >My nephew recently celebrated his tenth birthday and seemed interested
>in
> >taking picturres using my R8. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding a
> >camera that might be a good 1st camera for him?  Are there any good
> >introductory books for a person that age?
>  >>

Also, don't overlook Olympus OM-1 cameras.  They are also completely
mechanical, have good optics, and there are always several of them for sale
on eBay and in camera stores' used equipment.  I've used OMs for years for
things that require a SLR, or when I don't want to risk carrying my Leica
rangefinders.

Jim Morehouse