Subject: [Leica] Re: R Wildlife shooter
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:27:50 -0600

Questions:

"A couple of questions for R8 owners, I'll think of more later <VBG>:

1. If you spot almost exclusively like me, do you find the spot size too
large and is a hand held meter a must with this camera? I hear the spot
is about 12% - ?

2. Which pro. flash unit do you recommend for fill flash? I saw a Metz
but only seems adjustable in full stop increments."

Answers:

1. No, I never use a hand held meter with my R8 and I have not
experienced inaccurate exposures by relying on the R8's meter.

2. I recommend any of the newer Metz flash units (I use the 40 MZ-3i).
The Metz units require a 3501 or 3502 flash adapter for use with the R8
and the adjustments are made on the adapter unit itself in 1/3 rd
increments.

Regards,

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta