Subject: RE: [Leica] Camera for a 10 y.o.
From: "Gerhard Paulman" <gerhardp@inch.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:09:13 -0400

Well,

If I may add some personal perspective to that, but of course it's
irrelevant because I grew up during the stone age.  1950s, I think it was
called.

I had been taking photos with old cameras for many years, and then my
confirmation came around, I must have been 13.

My aunt, a woman I generally respected and very much liked, gave me a
camera.  It looked like a real camera, but once I checked out the specs and
the format, I realized it was just a modified box.  Seemed almost more
primitive than the ancient bellows cameras that I had been fooling around
with.  And the optics were certainly no better, might have been worse.

Three years later, after my first few paychecks, I bought myself a Leica, a
Ig.  That's all I could afford then.<g>

Gerhard