Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: camera for 10-year-old
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 20:50:57 +0800

Ernest Murphy wrote:
>I'd recommend the Pentax K-1000 for sure.

In this day and age, it's probably an insult to give der kid a K-1000. IMO,
young people have little patience to learn the rudiments of the art of
photography. Instantaneous gratification is the name of the game. If he
toted that K-1000, he'll be the laughing stock of his peers and unless his
resolve is like Hercules, he will never forgive you for giving him that
museum piece. My advice is : Has anyone asked him what's in his mind??

Dan K.