Subject: Re: [Leica] those who wear glasses
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:16:03 -0700

rolleiflex wrote:

> i just bought an m2 [...] i can barely
> see the 50mm framelines, so obviously
> the 35mm lines are nowhere to be found
> [...]
> does anyone know of a way to solve this

Hi Alexander ...

I've an M2 and wear glasses, and have no trouble seeing the 35mm frame
lines and the surrounding area.  However, I do get my eye up very
close to the finder.  I installed a rubber protector to avoid
scratching my glasses so I feel comfortable getting close in, but even
before installing the rubber guard I could still see the entire frame.

So, why is it that you can't see the frame line and I can?  The answer
to that question might be the solution to your problem.  Here's a
thought - maybe your glasses are further from your eye than mine.  The
lenses in my glasses are small, only about 1½-inches high and about
2-inches in width, and they sit pretty close to the eye.  The top of
the lens rests below the uppermost part of the eye socket, allowing
the lens to get closer to the eye than my larger glasses, the top of
which reaches my eye brow.

So, perhaps that's something to consider.  Of course, we all have
different facial features, and mine may allow for this sort of lens
better than yours.  But it may well be worth a try to try different
frames to see if any work better for you.
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
"Why should I use a meter?  What if the darn thing broke on me
when I was out making a photograph? Then what would I do?"