Subject: [Leica] visoflex fun
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:15:06 -0400

Lea,  without Marc on the list today I will limp along.  My references
suggest you will need an OTZFO/16464 universal focusing mount and then the
relevant adapter to mount the lens head on the focusing mount.  For the 90mm
(Elmar) that would be the OUAGO/16467; for the 50mm the OUFRO.  The trick is
to unscrew the lens head from the focusing mount which reveals a thread that
requires the above adapters.  Laney's guide suggests a reproduction ratio
with the 90 elmarit from infinity to 1:3.3

I think you would have more success by relieving Rick of one of his four 135
Hektors which would take the adapters OTZFO and OTSRO.  The longer focal
length obviously gives you more stand off: infinity to 1:9.

A third option is the focusing bellows and a 39mm thread enlarging lens in
the 90 to 150mm range.  I've had great fun with a 105 APO Nikkor and a Viso
III.  I use a collection of extension tubes to get closer.

Places to get the above include B&H, Classic Connection, Ken Hanson to name
a few.  I'm sure LUGers have these if asked.

Glad to help and wish the real expert would chime in.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from lea <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] visoflex fun)